Thursday, December 18, 2008

AlphaMed Inc. has been awarded a $750,000 peer review grant from the National Cancer Institute to continue development of its targeted melanoma thera

Funds from this grant will be used to develop an imaging capability required for treatment planning. For the clinic, treatment planning is required to demonstrate tumor uptake and is used to calculate the dose of
the therapeutic that would be administered to patients. Previously, in preclinical animal tests, AlphaMed demonstrated a cure with its targeted radiotherapy. Increasing doses of its therapy were injected into the blood stream of several groups of animals. Every animal receiving even the lowest dose showed life extension. In two separate tests, approximately half the animals receiving the highest dose were cured. Maximum tolerated dose has not been reached. More than 90% of the compound cleared the body within two hours of administering the dose. Biodistribution studies showed high tumor uptake when compared with other organs.

How it works - a molecule that binds to receptors overexpressed in approximately 75% of melanomas is labeled with lead-212, an isotope that AlphaMed produces. The decay of this isotope releases large amounts of energy that destroys targeted tumor cells. For treatment planning, the same molecule is labeled with Pb-203, an isotope that can be imaged and of the same element as the therapeutic. This work has been published in peer review journals: Clinical Cancer Research and the Journal of Nuclear Medicine.

AlphaMed is seeking partners to assist in completing drug development for its therapeutic and treatment planning products.

Melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 60,000 people in the US will be diagnosed with melanoma and 8,000 people will die from the disease this year. AlphaMed's targeted therapy offers hope of a cure for this disease.

AlphaMed Inc.
Mr. Richard Testa, 978-929-9190
President
richard.testa@alphamed.biz

2 comments:

Messy said...

Very Good & much Great. You are successful because you share all the Knowledge you know with others. That’s a Great sign! Good Luck
to the Future AND thanks.
A fantastic read
Next page

Florenda Nicole said...

Much appreciation to Dr Moses anabic,I never believed I would be cured from hiv and hepatitis b,I don't know how to start testifying about this great herbalist whom cured me,I had lived with hiv for three years many therapist deceived me that hiv has no cure rather giving me pills just to keep sustaining the ailment but inside of me I knew I was never free.fortunately my bestie whom was suffering from migraine saw a testimony about dr Moses anabic whom cured a man with kidney cancer,I was amazed and we quickly contacted him told him about our ailment with tear of grief in my eye's.then he prepared a powerful herbs for me and my friend with different prescription on how to take them after three weeks of administering his herbs my body system changed automatically then I felt having a new life,so he advised that I should go for a test in three different medical centres which turned out to be negative surprisingly tears rolled down my eyes in joy.my best friend is also happy being cured from migraine totally after a week and three days of taking her own herb with prescription,all we know is God bless you Dr Moses anabic herbal home.he cures all kind of sickness/virus,don't hesitate to contact him through his personal email (MOSESANABIC@GMAIL.COM)or you can call/chat him with +2348100661264.a problem shared is a problem solved,God bless you doctor.