Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tamworth Acupuncture practitioner shows success with Lichfield, Staffordshire acupuncture patients

Acupuncture is a long establishes method of treating a variety of complaints and disorders. Many medical conditions which are difficult to treat with western medicine seem to respond well to acupuncture treatments.

Acupuncture practitioner Maddy Sharp based at Atlas Pain Relief Centre in Tamworth, Staffordshire has been treating many of these difficult conditions with great success.

Emotional, digestive and hormonal conditions are just some of the conditions that have been helped by receiving acupuncture treatments.

Maddy is available for Lichfield, Tamworth and Sutton Coldfield patients who need help and can be contacted at the Tamworth clinic by telephoning 01827 59943 or visiting the website www.atlaspainrelief.com

Acupuncture success stories are highlighted by testimonials from delighted customers who have received benefit from acupuncture treatments with Maddy Sharp.

Madeleine Sharp

BA (Hons) LicAc MBAcC

Traditional Acupuncture Practitioner

Female aged 36

Presenting condition: Brittle Asthma

My first treatment with Maddy was over three years ago now, I had been diagnosed with Brittle Asthma by my consultant and had suffered several, potentially life threatening, attacks. I was taking the maximum dose of all medication prescribed including steroids which were making me put on vast amounts of weight. I would struggle into the clinic and have to use my inhaler just to enable me to get onto the treatment couch breathless and exhausted.

I understood from Maddy that there was no “quick fix” for my condition but slowly, after weekly treatment for several months my condition certainly did improve along with my general health and state of mind.

I continue to have “top up” treatments once every six weeks or so to maintain my health; I no longer have to take the vast amounts of medication I was on, I lead an active and “normal” life and just use my inhalers very occasionally. I firmly believe that acupuncture turned my life around at a time when my health was deteriorating dramatically.

Male aged 38

Presenting condition: IBS

I knew my diet wasn’t great and the beer and curries at the weekends always made things a lot worse but this irritable bowel thing was beginning to really bug me, my sister was seeing Maddy for her migraines and persuaded me to go along.

I didn’t like the thought of needles at all and some of them certainly give off a “sensation” as Maddy calls it, but I actually began to enjoy the sessions and the acupuncture certainly settled things down, I felt really calm and relaxed after treatment and the IBS was much improved – Maddy encouraged me to look at my diet and life style which has also helped.

I continue to have “seasonal treatments” once every couple of months to keep things in check.

0 comments: